Connell Stafford serves as Senior Counsel to the federal and state practice areas, providing insight and strategic guidance derived from his more than 30 years of experience. In this role, he provides leadership on legislative and procurement issues for businesses requiring assistance at local, state, and federal levels. Stafford represents clients’ interests in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, engineering, construction, healthcare, environment, and education.
Stafford’s extensive experience in governmental affairs has enabled him to develop a nationwide network of contacts, which are beneficial to Troutman Sanders Strategies and the clients he serves.
Prior to joining Troutman Sanders Strategies, Stafford served for 25 years as a governmental affairs executive for The Coca-Cola Company. With this expertise, Stafford understands the demands of major corporations as they seek support in the governmental arena.
Stafford joined The Coca-Cola Company in the governmental relations department in 1980 as the Manager of State Government Relations. In July 1985, he accepted a position as Assistant Vice President and in 1993, he became Vice President of Government Relations. Stafford assumed additional responsibilities for international diplomatic affairs and corporate environmental affairs in 1998. Before Stafford’s work in the private sector, he also served as an executive assistant to Senator Sam Nunn from 1972 to 1979.
- Board Member, Georgia Southern University College of Business Dean’s Advisory Board
- Board Member, Friends of Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites
- Board Member, Georgia Technology Authority
- Board Member, Jekyll Island Foundation
- Trustee, Little White House Foundation
- Gridiron Society, University of Georgia
- The American University, M.A., 1979
- Georgia Southern University, B.A., 1970